Finishing up with your school career?
Are you looking for something to study after you matriculate? I am sure many matriculants are still unsure what to do after school?
Give us a call and let us help you. Do you know there are over 68 career paths identified in the equine industry??
Enrolments flood in for our higher education career qualification equine courses.
Full time course or part time weekend sessions… We have options to suit your needs.
At The IEA Elite we offer learners a choice of careers within the equine industry.
Basic knowledge & riding skill are a requirement in order for a passionate equine enthusiast to follow this syllabus and enter into this highly rewarding career path with horses.
EQASA Modules 1 to 5 (level One) Instructors training and lectures. Level One instructors certification will qualify you for your international instructors passport and equip you for international employment.
Short professional specialised horsemanship courses
Professional Turn out workshops
Short courses for grooms (skills development)
Stud and breeding courses and practical experience
Judges experience, learning and qualifications
Livery for own horse, accommodation for yourself and full day tuition including lectures, practical and theory lessons, riding lessons with professional riders who coach and ride at high levels. Compete nationally. Explore international opportunities open to you.
If you don’t have your own horse that’s fine WE have one for you!
Applications are now open. Please contact us for a comprehensive prospectus.
What will you learn?
- Stable yard management – managing grooms and other staff
- Show coordination (how to run a successful show)
- Coaching and instructing children and adults
- Business management studies
- Telecommunications and phone etiquette
- Marketing and advertising your own business
- Sales and promotions
- Accounts and managing finances
- Building show jumping courses
- Run camps and outrides – what goes into it behind the scenes
- Everything you need to know for EQASA exams
- Code 10 Drivers Licence (if you don’t have it)
- How to drive a truck and or how to tow a horse box
- Schooling and bringing on young horses
- Substitute academic teacher assistant and invigilation experience (working with children)
- Breeding – Elite Stud – AI, live covering, in-hand and free, caring for a broodmare, Foaling – all that you need to know – how to care for a foal and yearling, colts and fillies
- Working in a tack shop ( managing online store, stock control, dispatching parcels for shipment, buying stock, finding supplier and finding the best quotes)
- Compete and ride Nationally (travel across the country with your trusted steed) VAULTING, SHOW JUMPING, SHOWING, DRESSAGE including other disciplines